You can now control the Freeform FireTV app using your voice via your Alexa Voice remote or other Alexa-enabled devices, such as Amazon Echo or Amazon Tap.
Using the following voice commands, you can tell Alexa to:
- Play your Favorite Freeform shows: “Play The Bold Type” or “Watch grown-ish”
- Play a specific episode: "Alexa, play Shadowhunters Season 1, Episode 1"
- Watch what's airing live* on Freeform: “Alexa, Tune to Freeform”
While watching, you can also tell Alexa to:
- “Pause” or “Stop” playback
- “Play” or “Resume” playback
- Go backwards/forwards: “Rewind” or “Fast forward”
- Go to a specific point: “Go back/forward 3 minutes” or “Rewind/Fast Forward 35 seconds” or “Go back/forward 9 minutes”
- Restart the video: “Restart” or “Play that from the beginning”
Learn more about linking your Alexa-enabled device to your Fire TV or what to do if Alexa has trouble understanding your requests.
*You'll need to connect a TV provider to access Live TV on Freeform.