You can use your voice to control the Freeform app using devices that support virtual assistants such as Alexa and Google Assistant.
With Alexa, you can control the Freeform app on Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick using your Alexa Voice remote or other Alexa-enabled devices (including Amazon Echo and Tap).
With Google Assistant, you can control the Freeform app on Chromecast, TVs with Chromecast built-in, and Android TV using your Chromecast Voice Remote or other voice-supported Google devices (including Google Home and Nest).
TIP: Remember to use the wake phrases “Alexa” or “Okay, Google” before you utter the commands for Alexa and Google Assistant, respectively.
Using the following voice commands, you can tell your virtual assistant to:
- Play your favorite Freeform shows: “Play The Bold Type” or “Watch grown-ish”
- With Alexa, you can play a specific episode: “Play Shadowhunters season one, episode one”
- With Alexa, you can watch what’s airing live on Freeform: “Tune into Freeform”
- You’ll need to connect a TV provider to access Live TV on Freeform
While watching, you can also tell your virtual assistant to:
- “Pause” or “Stop” playback
- “Play” or “Resume” playback
- Go backwards/forwards: “Rewind” or “Fast-forward”
- Go to a specific point: “Go back/forward three minutes” or “Rewind/Fast-forward 35 seconds”
- Restart the video: “Restart” or “Play from the beginning”
Visit Amazon’s Help & Customer Service directory to learn more about linking your Alexa-enabled device to your Fire TV or Fire Stick or what to do if Alexa has trouble understanding your requests.
Visit the Google Nest Help site to learn more about linking your Google-enabled device to your voice-supported Cast devices or about device-specific commands for Google Assistant